Summer Drink: STRAWBERRY & BLACK PEPPER Gin & Tonic
Seasonal fruit puts a delicious spin on the simple drink, so grab those beautiful summer strawberries and muddle them into your cocktail. Adding a few grinds of black pepper adds complexity and helps balance this warm-weather riff.
Let’s go back to enjoying these strawberry gin and tonics on the veranda as the sun sets. Much more in keeping, relaxing and picturesque!
But however you enjoy these I bet you’ll make them again. The strawberry pulls out all the sweetness in the gin, enhances the juniper flavours and then the black pepper enhances all the earthy notes in the gin.
- 50ml Gin (ideally citrusy, Malfy con Limone would be perfect)
- 4 Strawberries
- Black pepper
- Premium Tonic Water
Muddle strawberries together with gin, add ice and a little black pepper. Top up with tonic and give it a stir. Garnish with extra strawberries and grind some more black pepper on the top.
- Remove the stalks from the strawberries and cut them into quarters.
- Add them to a cocktail shaker or mason.
- Add the ice, a good grinding of black pepper and then pour over the gin.
- Give everything a good shake until the gin is stained with the strawberry juice.
- Pour the mixture between two balloon glasses and top up with your desired amount of tonic water.